What are 5 things you’re grateful for today?
Incidentally, today marks my 500 days of gratitude. I started this habit after attending The Science of Well-Being Couse by Laurie Santos in Coursera during the initial phase of the pandemic. It has been an incredible journey so far and I can proudly say that I am a much better person. It has helped me to pay attention to little things in life and stop complaining about the things that are not in my control.
I feel extremely grateful for the below things in my life today.
- A new rose flower bloomed in my garden. It has not been that healthy and I have not been giving it the attention it requires. Still, today morning when I opened my windows it greeted me with a tiny bloom, smiling widely looking at the open blue sky.
- Re-potting a plant that was not finding enough support. Like me, it was in a midlife crisis about where to grow its roots. I could empathize with it and I decided to take action for it. I ordered a moss stick and once it arrives, the plant will have enough support to thrive. I hope I would also find a place to grow my roots.
- The glow of the evening sun reflected on my gate. It was golden and I experienced sudden joy.
- Ghee Rice & Chicken Curry. It’s the first delicious meal after the covid recovery.
- Watching my one and half-year-old nephew eating a whole apple without anybody’s help. Kids do grow up fast and I miss him a lot.
I hope I will never fail to appreciate the little things in life. It is one habit that I want to continue my entire life.